Prompt: What is the most important needed skill for academic success in 8th grade?
academic success – Big idea
in 8th grade? – Focus
Brainstorming: What is academic success? What does it consist of?
An Introduction to Writing Introductions
- Basic Requirements:
- Length: 4 – 6 Sentences. (Your conclusion must mirror the length)
- First Sentence: A reference to a “big idea” (Not restating a prompt)
- It can never be a quote
- It can never be a question in formal writing
- Second Sentence: More information about the “big idea”
- Third Sentence: a Bridge Statement
- Fourth Sentence: background information on issue/topic related to “big idea”
- 3rd and 4th Sentence can be switched depending on cohesion of ideas
- Fifth/Last Sentence: ALWAYS the thesis statement